- Wait patiently for colleagues and cargo
- Complete assembly of Hyperion
- Confirm that all components are fully operational
Status and Progress
- Bernardine, Chris, and Paul arrived along with the last of
Everyone is now in camp and set up.
- Completed assembly of Hyperion, inflated tires, installed
batteries. We turned on each component individually. The amps
function, the computers boot and all electronics are working
- Drove Hyperion for the first time on Devon Island using the
joystick. Steering calibration will be necessary but the robot
- Connected to computer remotely using wireless ethernet bridge.
installed the antenna and remote computers were able to communicate
the onboard processor.
- All in all, a very good day with people and components arriving
- Test remote teleoperation through wireless communications
- Install solar panels and check out the power system.
Early: Overcast but bright. 8C. Light winds.
Late: High clouds but sunny. 5C.
Quote of the Day
"Boom! Whoof! Zap! ... None of those sounds are appropriate."