- Set up operations tent, GPS base station, and communication
- Begin assembly of Hyperion
Status and Progress
- Shortly before midnight, we loaded Hyperion and all cargo
Bay and flew to Devon Island. By 3:00am we had secured all of
equipment and set up the operations tent.
- Completed instruction on camp operations, firearm and all
- Assembled Hyperion's frame. We stopped to await delivery of
components and equipment held up in Iqaluit (including tire
pump and batteries).
- Assembled and tested GPS base station and assembled communications
antenna and communications relay station.
- The snow melt is running 2 weeks behind typical. Snow cover
40% with exposed areas often deep, soft mud. Stream beds usually
now are torrents with many impassible. It will likely be 5-10
before Hyperion will be able range over wide areas.
- Paul, Bernardine, and Chris have arrived safely in Resolute
definitive word on the delivery of remaining cargo.
- Scout test area, Von Braun Planitia, northwest of Haughton
- Await delivery of remaining cargo, arrival of Chris, Paul,
Bernardine, and departure of snow and mud.
Clouds overcast early then scattered late. Temperature 10C.
Long shadows at midnight.
Quote of the Day
"We like Chris, Bernardine, and Paul but right now we like
with the sleeping tents and rain flies better."