Island, Nunavut, Canada
- Stiffen antenna mast
- Install pyranometer
- Install panoramic camera (weather permitting) and adjust exposure
- Install solar panels and measure performance (weather permitting)
- Initial autonomous navigation tests
Status and Progress
- Weather conditions (windy and raining) continue to precluded
installation of solar panels and panoramic camera. Snow melt
in the last few days with some refreezing. Forecast for the
days is continuing rain and increasing wind speed.
- Stabilized antenna mast by adding cable and turnbuckle.
- Installed pyranometer to measure the solar flux but determined
the PMAD software needs to be updated to add one more sample.
updated the software and downloaded it to flash. This needs
installed and tested.
- Assembled the panoramic camera and tested on tripod mount.
able to adjust the exposure settings for good results however,
precluded installation on Hyperion.
- Performed first autonomous navigation. Hyperion drove approximately
230m. Work continues to analyze yesterdays image sequences to
the cameras and tune the terrain evaluation metrics. As results
obstacles at 30-40cm were not flagged as obstacles. Although
detected and probably surmountable we would like Hyperion to
around this size of obstacle. Similarly the laser scanner has
adjusted to trigger obstacles of this size. Further tests of
perception and navigation software will continue tomorrow.
- Compared DEM maps to ground GPS measurements and detected
that must be canceled. The correction appears straightforward.
- Scout western Von Braun Planitia and record positions to register
- Move Hyperion to Von Braun Planitia to continue testing and
- Continue testing of the perception and navigation system
- Install panoramic camera
- Install solar panels and measure performance
Early: Overcast, 100m cloud deck. 5.5C. Winds 12-16kph. Light
Late: Overcast. 3C. Winds 15-20kph. Rain sometimes heavy. Ick.
Quote of the Day
"We got major Feng Shui issues in this tent, man."