Island, Nunavut, Canada
- Install solar panels and check out the power system
- Test remote teleoperation through wireless communications
Status and Progress
- Installed solar panels and power trackers. The morning was
light breeze. We staked Hyperion to the ground to prevent tipover
proceeded to install the solar panels. All performed nominally
immediately began to charge the batteries, providing excess
the steady-state load of the computers and sensors.
- Installed the GPS antennas and determined position and orientation.
The GPS system took some time to converge and appears to be
interference, likely from one of the many transmitter in the
We will attempt to isolate and mitigate this problem.
- Calibrated steering potentiometer.
- Teleoperated Hyperion over radio ethernet link. We have not
installed cameras, either stereo or panoramic, but were able
remote teleoperation by relaying voice instructions. Hyperion
- Tested laser scanner and confirmed nominal operation.
- Calibrate and measure performance of the stereo vision system
- Measure total system power capacity
- Install solar panels and measure performance (weather permitting)
- Install and tune panoramic camera system
Early: Clear and bright. 7C. Light wind (10-12kph)
Late: Low clouds. 2C. Breeze 15kph.
Quote of the Day
[The QOTD is on brief hiatus while we discuss a selection criteria
affords Mike some hope of claiming the prize.]